“This is a game changer for our system. The DQ®system has introduced ovens into our locations — DQ Bakes! ovens. DQ Bakes! are hot, delicious, made-to-order sandwiches, snacks and desserts, available any time of day. DQ Bakes! reflect the high quality and value our Fans have come to expect from us,” said Barry Westrum, Executive Vice President of Marketing for Dairy Queen.
“The artisan-style sandwiches, snack melts and hot desserts give us a tremendous competitive advantage. We are turning the quick-service restaurant industry upside down with the addition of new and different food and treat menu items that will redefine the category. We couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate our actual 75th anniversary with our Fans, as well as set us up for the next 75 years.”
DQ Menu: Hot Desserts
Hot Desserts à la Mode combine hot and cold for a satisfying treat:
- Triple Chocolate Brownie: A warm, chocolate brownie made with a blend of milk, semi-sweet and bittersweet chocolate, drizzled with Cocoa Fudge™ and choco chunks, served hot from the oven with cold, creamy DQ vanilla soft serve
- Apple Tart: A flaky dessert crust topped with Granny Smith apples, rolled oats, butter and brown sugar, and drizzled with caramel, served hot from the oven with cold, creamy DQ vanilla soft serve
- Fudge Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie: A warm, decadent chocolate chip cookie made with semi-sweet chocolate chips, a dark fudge center and drizzled with Cocoa Fudge, served hot from the oven with cold, creamy DQ vanilla soft serve.
DQ Menu: Artisan Sandwiches
- Chicken Bacon Ranch: All white meat marinated grilled chicken, aged Swiss cheese and hickory-smoked bacon, topped with creamy ranch, fresh tomato and lettuce, served hot from the oven on an artisan-style ciabatta roll
- Chicken Mozzarella: Signature all white meat crispy chicken strips, mozzarella cheese and rich marinara sauce, served hot from the oven on an artisan-style basil cheese focaccia roll
- Turkey BLT: Oven-roasted turkey breast, aged Swiss cheese and hickory-smoked bacon topped with mayo, fresh tomato and lettuce, served hot from the oven on an artisan-style ciabatta roll
DQ Menu: Snack Melts
- Buffalo Chicken: Filled with all white meat marinated grilled chicken, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing and real cheddar cheese, then toasted to perfection
- Chicken Bacon BBQ: Filled with all white meat marinated grilled chicken, smoky BBQ sauce, hickory-smoked bacon and real cheddar cheese, then toasted to perfection
- Chicken Quesadilla: Filled with all white meat marinated grilled chicken, fresh tomatoes and onions, ripe California olives and real cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses, then toasted to perfection
For more details enter your zip code in the DQ website: http://www.dairyqueen.com/customer-appreciation/
Blizzard Fan Club
If you haven’t joined yet, DQ will give you a BOGO when you join their Blizzard fan club, plus special coupons on your birthday and anniversary. For more details and to sign up, go to the DQ website at http://www.dairyqueen.com/us-en/Blizzard-Fan-Club/
About Dairy Queen (from Wikipedia)
Dairy Queen, often abbreviated DQ, is a chain of soft serve and fast food restaurants owned by International Dairy Queen, Inc, which also owns Orange Julius and Karmelkorn. The name “Dairy Queen” is taken from the name of their soft serve product, which the company refers to as “Dairy Queen” or “DQ”. The first Dairy Queen store opened in 1940 in Joliet, Illinois. The company’s corporate offices are located in Edina, Minnesota. In 2016 Dairy Queen had 6,700 locations in the United States, Canada and more than 25 other countries.
A popular Dairy Queen item is the Blizzard, which is soft-serve mechanically blended with mix-in ingredients such as sundae toppings and/or pieces of cookies, brownies, or candy. It has been a staple on the menu since its introduction in 1985, a year in which Dairy Queen sold 100 million Blizzards. Popular Blizzard flavors include: Oreo Cookies, mint Oreo, chocolate chip cookie dough, M&M’s (Smarties in Canada),Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, Heath bar, and Butterfinger.