Get Hands-On with New Rewards at Chili’s
Chili’s today announced an improved rewards program that enables customers to log in and redeem points on tablets at all of the 800 company-owned restaurants.
Chili’s said their new Rewards program leverages technology, personalization and gamification to make earning and redeeming points easier and more engaging. Available at the brand’s more than 800 company-owned restaurants nationwide beginning Monday, May 18, 2015, My Chili’s Rewards provides a fully digital experience where guests can use the Ziosk® tablet on their restaurant table to sign up, track points and redeem points in restaurant real-time.
With the largest tabletop tablet network in the country, Chili’s is the first restaurant company of its size to completely integrate a loyalty program with tabletop technology and mobile as well as give guests full control of their points without ever having to rely on a manager or server. For instance, to interact with the program when dining, guests just need to enter their phone number and four-digit password on the Ziosk tabletop tablet. From there, guests have unlimited access to their point balance, available rewards and more right on the screen in front of them.
“My Chili’s Rewards is another example of how we are leading the way in casual dining to enhance guest connection through technology,” said Krista Gibson, Chief Marketing Officer for Chili’s Grill & Bar. “Developed based on consumer feedback, My Chili’s Rewards puts a refreshing, new school twist on the traditional restaurant recognition program with multiple ways to earn points, few redemption restrictions and a fully digital experience.”
Earning points with My Chili’s Rewards is simple – members receive 1 point for each full $1 spent at a participating Chili’s restaurant (excludes alcohol, tax and gratuity). Those points can then be redeemed at the member’s next visit. In addition to earning points for money spent, there are a number of other ways for members to increase their reward status.
The program also motivates members with fun gamification challenges they can complete for extra points, like trying the latest menu item or referring a friend. Challenges are personalized to every guest based on preferences and there are always five activities waiting for the guest to tackle, providing a constant stream of bonus point opportunities. To learn more about bonus challenges, view this video.
“Chili’s heart is in making people feel special,” added Gibson. “With the ability to personalize incentives and inspire engagement in a way that is meaningful to our guests, My Chili’s Rewards enables us to extend this passion to recognize and reward fans of the brand.”
In addition to the above perks, members will also receive the immediate benefits of 60 free points just for joining as well as a free appetizer or dessert on their birthday. For more information on My Chili’s Rewards, visit Chilis.com/Rewards.
About Chili’s (from corporate website)
Chili’s® Grill & Bar is a leading casual dining restaurant chain with a fun and energetic atmosphere where family and friends can gather over a delicious meal. Chili’s serves guests in more than 1,550 restaurants in all 50 states and across the world in 29 countries and two territories. For additional information, visit www.chilis.com.
Heritage: Chili’s opened its first restaurant in 1975 in Dallas, Texas. Created as a hamburger/chili joint with a uniquely Southwestern flair, Chili’s served homemade, quality food, draft beer and frozen drinks in a casual atmosphere. The menu was as simple as the food was outstanding, with items like the Oldtimer® (a ½ lb. hamburger topped with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions and mustard) and a “bowl of red” or Texas-style chili.
- Starters, such as Tableside Guacamole prepared with fresh ingredients live at the table and favorites like Southwestern Eggrolls, Texas Cheese Fries, Triple Dipper™ and Skillet Queso;
- Craft Burgers, prepared with a 100 percent USDA Choice patty and includes favorites such as the Guacamole Burger and Classic Bacon Burger;
- Baby Back Ribs, all served triple-basted and slow-smoked in-house daily over pecan wood, featuring mouth-watering favorites like the Memphis Dry Rub and Original;
- Sizzling Fajitas like the classic Chicken or Beef, served with sautéed onions and peppers;
- Chicken Favorites like Original Chicken Crispers®, Crispy Honey-Chipotle Chicken Crispers®, Margarita Grilled Chicken and Monterey Chicken®;
- Lighter Choices features lighter fare alternatives with the same bold Chili’s taste while containing under 650 calories, such as Grilled Chicken Salad, Mango-Chile Tilapia and the Lighter Choice 6 oz. Classic Sirloin;
- Lunch Break Combos, a value offering of $6, $7 and $8 combos with choice of soup or salad. Combos feature favorites such as Grilled Chicken Fajitas, Bacon Ranch Chicken Quesadillas and California Turkey Club Toasted Sandwich;
- Flatbreads, includes freshly-baked offerings of Classic Magherita with a southwest accent, Chipotle Chicken or California Grilled Chicken;;
- Pepper Pals Kids Menu, featuring a choice of 12 items that meet the healthy criteria of the National Restaurant Association’s Kids LiveWell program, as well as soda, milk and juice beverage options;
- Desserts, featuring the popular Molten Chocolate Cake, Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie and the Skillet Toffee Fudge Brownie;
- Margaritas, including the original Presidente Margarita® with Presidente® Brandy and the new hand-shaken Platinum Presidente Margarita with fresh lime juice, and more. The brand also offers a variety of other alcoholic and non-alcoholic offerings.
Restaurants: A typical Chili’s restaurant is roughly 6,000 square feet, includes seating for 200 guests and is staffed by approximately 120 ChiliHeads. Most Chili’s are stand-alone operations located convenient to major retail, residential and commercial/office centers. However, Chili’s Too locations can be found in shopping malls, airports and similar non-traditional locations both domestically and internationally.
Hours: Restaurants are generally open 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., Sunday through Thursday, and 11 a.m. to Midnight, Friday and Saturday, but vary by location.
Ownership: Chili’s is the flagship brand of Dallas-based Brinker International, Inc. (NYSE: EAT), a recognized leader in casual dining. Brinker owns, operates or franchises more than 1,600 restaurants under the names Chili’s® Grill & Bar and Maggiano’s Little Italy®.