Red Lobster’s annual Lobster & Shrimp Summerfest special returned on Monday, May 29, 2017.
During the event, guests are invited to discover new ways to enjoy two favorite seafood proteins – lobster and shrimp – prepared to perfection with summertime flavors inspiring the menu, such as sweet-and-smoky BBQ sauce on Red Lobster’s wood-fire grill, crunchy chip-crusted shrimp with a cool, green onion dipping sauce, pasta with juicy tomatoes, fresh green onion, garlic and basil and more.
“We developed the menu with a focus on giving guests new ways to enjoy lobster and shrimp with their favorite flavors of summer,” said Dustin Hilinski, Executive Chef and Director of Culinary, Red Lobster. “For example, for our Cape Cod chip-crusted shrimp, we took the concept of summertime classics, like crispy, crunchy potato chips that you can’t eat just one of to inspire a new, innovative way to enjoy seafood.”
The full Lobster & Shrimp Summerfest menu includes:
- NEW! Coastal Lobster and Shrimp: Cape Cod® kettle chip-crusted shrimp with green onion dip, grilled wild-caught red shrimp with sweet-and-smoky BBQ sauce, and a grilled lobster tail. Served with rice and grilled zucchini and squash.
- NEW! Lobster and Shrimp Overboard: Stuffed Maine lobster tail, garlic-grilled jumbo shrimp skewer, Langostino Lobster-and-Shrimp Cavatappi Pasta and hand-battered jumbo shrimp. Served with rice and choice of side.
- NEW! Cape Cod Shrimp and Chips: Cape Cod® kettle chip-crusted shrimp with green onion dip. Served with French fries and coleslaw.
- NEW! Creamy Langostino Lobster-and-Shrimp Scampi Pasta: Langostino lobster and wild-caught shrimp tossed in a creamy scampi cavatappi pasta with fresh summer tomatoes, green onions and basil.
- NEW! Grilled Lobster and Red Shrimp: Wood-grilled Maine lobster tail, paired with a garlic-grilled skewer of wild-caught jumbo red shrimp. Served with rice and choice of side.
- Seaport Lobster and Shrimp: Wood-grilled Maine lobster tail, hand-crafted garlic shrimp scampi and a jumbo garlic-grilled shrimp skewer. Served with rice and choice of side.
Other additions for Summerfest include Panko-Crusted Red Shrimp, Watermelon Margarita, Caribbean Long Island, and Vanilla Bean Cheesecake.
Red Lobster is also featuring a new Seafood Lover’s Lunch™*, which gives guests the opportunity to pick from a variety of entrée selections and accompaniments to create their perfect meal for $9.99 Monday- Friday between 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
*Not available in Times Square and Hawaii locations. Selections may vary based on region.
Guests are invited to share their experience on Red Lobster’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages. (See Facebook video above.) To view the complete Red Lobster menu, find a restaurant location or to join the Fresh Catch Club, visit Red Lobster’s website. Red Lobster announced the new special on the Red Lobster News Page.
*Prices are higher in Times Square and outside the continental United States.
About Red Lobster (from Wikipedia)
Red Lobster was founded in 1968 by entrepreneur Bill Darden and Charley Woodsby. Originally billed as a “Harbor for Seafood Lovers”, the original restaurant in Lakeland, Florida was followed by several others throughout the Southeast. General Mills acquired Red Lobster in 1970 as a five-unit restaurant company. The chain expanded rapidly in the 1980s.
In 1995, Red Lobster (along with Olive Garden and other sister chains) became part of Darden Restaurants, which was spun off from General Mills as an independent, publicly traded corporation. Today, there are nearly 700 Red Lobster locations throughout the United States.
To see the Red Lobster menus you need to select your location first at https://www.redlobster.com/locations/ and then click “View Menu”.
Red Lobster Recipes
You can find recipes for many Red Lobster specials and regular menu items at this Red Lobster website: http://www.redlobster.com/kitchen/
Red Lobster Locationsr Locations