Dunkin’ Donuts has begun their Halloween celebration with Halloween donuts and a special on their Munchkins for October.
Now through the end of October, many donuts at participating Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants are disguised for Halloween with wickedly festive new looks and names. Also throughout the month, guests will also be able to purchase any 10 MUNCHKINS for the special price of $1.99 at participating Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants.
Heading the Halloween lineup is the new creepy, crawly Spider Donut, a classic donut frosted with orange icing with a sweet-not-scary eight-legged donut creature on top, made from a glazed chocolate MUNCHKINS donut hole treat with chocolate drizzle for the spider legs and orange drizzle for the eyes.
The Boston Scream Donut, a spirited variation of Dunkin’s classic Boston Kreme Donut featuring an orange drizzle, also returns to the donut lineup. Meanwhile, the rest of the Dunkin’ Dozen have received a Halloween makeover for ghosts and guests alike, including:
- Scary Strawberry: A frightful version of a Strawberry Frosted Donut, with chocolate and orange sprinkles
- Spooky Sprinkles: An eerie take on the Chocolate Frosted Donut, topped with chocolate and orange sprinkles
- Purple Potion: A Vanilla Frosted Donut featuring purple icing, topped with chocolate and orange sprinkles
- Full Moon: A Powdered Donut with orange-colored powdered sugar
- Witch’s Brew-Berry: A Glazed Blueberry Donut bewitched with a drizzle of purple icing
- Nilla Nightmare: A Vanilla Creme Donut with orange-colored powdered sugar will haunt your dreams
- Ghoulish Glazed: A monster-turned Glazed Donut
- Vampire’s Delight: A spooktacular Jelly Donut
- Wicked Chocolate: Something delicious this way comes with this Glazed Chocolate Donut
- Owl Fashioned: An Old Fashioned Donut for a midnight treat
- Choc-O-Lantern: The Double Chocolate Donut can be enjoyed while celebrating Halloween or carving a jack-o’-lantern.
Many of Dunkin’s MUNCHKINS will also be dressed up for Halloween season, including Jelly MUNCHKINS “Vampire Bites,” “Full Moon MUNCHKINS” featuring orange-colored powdered sugar, and more. All donuts and MUNCHKINS will come in redesigned packaging, including an all-new 10 count MUNCHKINS box.
Dunkin announced the specials on the Dunkin’ Donuts News Page.
About Dunkin’ Donuts (from Wikipedia)
Dunkin’ Donuts is an American global donut company and coffeehouse based in Canton, Massachusetts, in Greater Boston. It was founded in 1950 by William Rosenberg in Quincy, Massachusetts. Since its founding, the company has grown to become one of the largest coffee and baked goods chains in the world, with more than 12,000 restaurants in 36 countries. The chain’s products include donuts, bagels, other baked goods, and a wide variety of hot and iced beverages.
Dunkin’ Donuts has several varieties of donuts. Other bakery goods and sandwiches include bagels, cookies, muffins, donut holes under the brand name “Munchkins”, oven-toasted sandwiches under the brand name “Big N’ Toasted”, and a glazed donut breakfast sandwich. However, only 8% of the chain’s sales are donuts; 65% are drinks, and 27% are other food items. Hot drinks include coffee, tea and hot chocolate; cold drinks include iced tea and “Coolatta”, which is an iced drink served since 1997, flavored either with coffee and cream, or as a slush, made with fruit juice. There are also ice coffees, lattes, and macchiatos that can have flavors such as caramel (unsweet), caramel swirl (sweet), hazelnut, and vanilla added to them. Seasonal flavors are also presented to customers for a certain duration of time. During the Spring, customers can choose butter pecan. During the fall, customers can also choose pumpkin or salted caramel as a flavor. During the winter, customers can have peppermint hot chocolate.
You can find the Dunkin’ Donuts menu at http://www.dunkindonuts.com/dunkindonuts/en/menu.html