Starbucks has a new drink and returning favorites for the holidays.
Starbucks’ new Toasted White Chocolate Mocha features espresso and steamed milk with the flavors of caramelized white chocolate— all topped with whipped cream and candied cranberry sugar.
Also, back through the holiday season and available hot, iced or blended are:
- Peppermint Mocha: a combination of bittersweet cocoa and a lively peppermint zing with espresso and steamed milk, topped with whipped cream and dark chocolate curls.
- Caramel Brulée Latte: a rich caramel sauce, espresso and steamed milk, topped with whipped cream and shimmery pieces of crunchy caramelized sugar.
- Holiday Spice Flat White: Ristretto shots of espresso infused with warm holiday spices. Topped with whole milk micro-foam and finished with a “signature dot” or latte art.
- Eggnog Latte: This perennial holiday favorite is made with rich, steamed eggnog and espresso topped with a dusting of ground nutmeg.
- Gingerbread Latte: Spicy gingerbread flavors mingle with espresso and steamed milk and are topped with whipped cream and ground nutmeg.
Starbucks also has new holiday coffee cups for 2017.
Starting Wednesday, Nov. 1, 2017, Starbucks® stores in the U.S. and Canada are serving beverages in the new holiday cups.
This year, Starbucks has unveiled its first color-in holiday cup. The cup design starts with a pair of hands holding red cups of coffee, an ode to cups of years past, connected with swirling ribbons with lively holiday scenes and splashes of red and green.
“This year’s cup is intentionally designed to encourage our customers to add their own color and illustrations,” said Leanne Fremar, executive creative director for Starbucks. “We love the idea of everyone making this year’s cup their own.” The holiday rollout was announced on the Starbucks News site.
For years Starbucks customers have been decorating their cups (Starbucks held a contest to support this creativity). Taking a cue from customers who had been using their cups as a canvas, last year Starbucks red cups featured 13 different designs created by customers.
Jordan Kay from Starbucks Creative Studio was the illustrator for this year’s holiday cup design.
“I liked the idea of hands as the centering point, a symbol of connection, love and giving joy,” said Kay. “Whether it’s wrapping presents or decorating a tree, writing cards or enjoying a mug of cocoa.”
The season’s “cup sleeve” (for hot beverages) is red with an invitation to “Give Good,” which is the theme for this year’s holiday campaign.
“Giving good can be as small as someone opening the door for you, or recognizing the people that enrich your life – your child’s teacher, a caregiver, a family friend,” Fremar said. “The holidays are a time to celebrate all the good we give to each other and our community.”
Starbucks Rewards Program
Join the Starbucks Rewards Program and receive free drink or food rewards, custom offers on items you enjoy when you opt in to receive for My Starbucks Rewards® email, early access to new products and easy payment with the mobile app.
You can find the complete Starbucks menu at the Starbucks Menu site.
About Starbucks (from Wikipedia)
Starbucks Corporation (NASDAQ: SBUX) is an international coffee and coffeehouse chain based in Seattle, Washington. Starbucks is the largest coffeehouse company in the world, with 17,009 stores in 55 countries, including over 11,000 in the United States, over 1,000 in Canada, over 700 in the United Kingdom, and over 150 in Turkey.Starbucks sells drip brewed coffee, espresso-based hot drinks, other hot and cold drinks, coffee beans, salads, hot and cold sandwiches and panini, pastries, snacks, and items such as mugs and tumblers.
For more information, visit the Starbucks website.