IHOP has a kids eat free special and a holiday menu available now through December 31, 2018.
The festive menu line-up is inspired by the new movie, The Grinch. Although the movie does not arrive in theaters until November 9, the new Grinch-inspired menu is available at IHOP restaurants now through December 31, 2018. And to celebrate the season, from 4 pm to 10 PM, kids 12 and under receive a free entrée from the kids menu with each purchase of an adult entrée.
The new holiday menu includes:
- Grinch’s Green Pancakes: Two Grinch green buttermilk pancakes topped with sweet cream cheese icing, red candy hearts, crowned with creamy, green whipped topping.
- Minty Who Hot Chocolate: Hot chocolate with mint syrup topped with creamy green whipped topping and red candy hearts.
- Who-Roast Beast Omelette: Our big, fluffy omelette filled with shredded beef, Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheeses, sautéed jalapeños, onions and golden hash browns topped with tangy BBQ sauce, more shredded cheese and a Serrano pepper. Served with three Buttermilk pancakes.
- Whoville Holiday Cheesecake French Toast: Two King’s Hawaiian® rolls, French-toasted and layered with creamy cheesecake filling, raspberry topping and creamy whipped topping.
For the littlest of Whos, IHOP is also introducing a new kids menu for the season:
- Mt. Crumpit Kids Combo: One Grinch Green buttermilk pancake topped with sweet cream cheese icing, red candy hearts and green whipped topping. Includes one scrambled egg, one bacon strip and one pork sausage link. And, best of all, kids eat free during the promotion.*
- Young Grinch Minty Who Hot Chocolate: A kid’s sized hot chocolate with mint syrup and topped with creamy green whipped topping and red candy hearts.
“The holidays are such a special time for families and creating a delicious menu that reflects the fun and whimsy of Whoville in Dr. Seuss’ beloved story about the Grinch is the perfect way for us at IHOP to celebrate the season,” said Alisa Gmelich, Vice President, Marketing at IHOP. “We couldn’t think of a better partner than Illumination and Universal Pictures — their new animated feature Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch is sure to be truly entertaining for all ages.”
“Our Grinch-inspired menu is one-of-a-kind filled with hot, fluffy Grinch’s Green Pancakes made with our signature Buttermilk batter and topped with sweet cream cheese icing and candy hearts, a creamy Minty-Who Hot Chocolate, and a bold new Who Roast Beast Omelette made with shredded beef, Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheeses, sautéed jalapeños and a tangy BBQ sauce,” continued Gmelich. ” And, to help jumpstart the holiday spirit, kids 12 and under eat free during the promotion every day from 4 to 10 PM.”*
To celebrate Illumination and Universal Pictures’ partnership with IHOP, Droga5’s latest creative campaign for the brand inserts the new Grinch-themed menu into a fun and irreverent situation inspired by the movie. The TV spot opens in a police precinct during the holidays with a visibly-shaken victim who’s had his new Grinch’s Green Pancakes stolen. The inspiration being that when you bring Whoville to IHOP, you’d better keep a close eye on them when the Grinch is around. The spot is airing nationally on TV, online and on social media beginning, and can be viewed here.
The IHOP Grinch menu is available at IHOP restaurants nationwide from October 29 through December 31, 2018. IHOP announced the new menu and kids free deal on the IHOP Home Page.
*From 4 PM to 10 PM, kids 12 and under receive a free entrée from the kids menu with each purchase of an adult entrée. For a limited time at participating locations. Drinks not included unless otherwise specified. Not valid with any other discounts or coupons. Dine-in only. For more information or to find the nearest location, visit IHOP.com.
About IHOP (from Wikipedia)
International House of Pancakes, stylized as its acronym, IHOP, (/ˈaɪhɒp/) is an American multinational pancake house/fast casual family restaurant chain that specializes in breakfast foods. It is owned by DineEquity, with 99% of the restaurants run by independent franchisees. While IHOP’s focus is on breakfast foods, it also offers a menu of lunch and dinner items.
The company has more than 1,700 locations in North America, Latin America, the Middle East, Southeast Asia and Oceania. It is known for many of its locations being open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For locations that aren’t open 24 hours, the franchise’s minimum operating hours are Sunday through Thursday from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., and Fridays and Saturdays from 7 a.m. to 12 midnight.