IHOP has a new Chicken and Pancakes dish for $6.99 starting today, Monday, July 22, 2019.
IHOP’s new Crispy Chicken & Pancakes, with with three Buttermilk pancakes and four breaded and seasoned chicken breast, has an introductory price of just $6.99, the chain said. The dish is just one of several new Crispy Chicken items priced from $6.99 to $11.99*, including:
- Crispy Chicken & Pancakes: Four Crispy Chicken breast strips and three World Famous Buttermilk pancakes. Served with choice of Buttermilk Ranch, Honey Mustard or IHOP Sauce. $6.99.
- Crispy Chicken Breakfast Combo: A Crispy Chicken breast, two eggs any style, four hickory-smoked bacon strips, hash browns and two buttermilk pancakes. Gravy can be added. $11.99.
- Crispy Chicken & Waffles: Four Crispy Chicken breast strips and a Belgian waffle. Served with a choice of Buttermilk Ranch, Honey Mustard or IHOP® Sauce. $9.69
- Crispy Chicken & Bacon Cheddar Waffles: A Belgian waffle griddled with cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses, topped with two Crispy Chicken breasts, crumbled hickory-smoked bacon, more cheese, and finished with a sweet maple glaze. $11.99.
- Signature Buttermilk Crispy Chicken Strips & Fries: Five chicken breast strips served with French fries and a choice of Buttermilk Ranch, Honey Mustard or IHOP® Sauce. $7.99.
- Boneless Buffalo Chicken Strips & Fries: Five Crispy Chicken breast strips tossed in Frank’s RedHot® Buffalo sauce and French fries, served with Buttermilk Ranch dressing. $9.99.
- Original Crispy Chicken Sandwich: A Crispy Chicken breast topped with white cheddar cheese, hickory-smoked bacon, lettuce, tomato, red onion, pickles and IHOP® Sauce on a buttered and grilled Brioche bun. Comes with choice of side. $9.99
- Spicy Buffalo Crispy Chicken Sandwich: A Crispy Chicken breast tossed in Frank’s RedHot® Buffalo sauce, with lettuce, tomato, red onion, pickles & buttermilk ranch on a buttered and grilled Brioche bun. Comes with choice of side. $9.99
IHOP said their Crispy Chicken is made with all-natural chicken breasts and a signature seasoning blend.
“Our new Crispy Buttermilk Chicken menu was developed with both quality and taste in mind, featuring all-natural chicken breasts and breast strips that are dipped in our proprietary Buttermilk batter and perfectly seasoned breading before being fried to a crispy, golden brown that’s still juicy on the inside,” said Brad Haley, Chief Marketing Officer at IHOP.
“Chicken and waffles have quickly become an all-day staple across America and IHOP now makes a really great version of them with our delicious new Crispy Buttermilk Chicken and our classic, fresh-made Belgian Waffle. But, since we are, after all, the International House of Pancakes, we just had to offer our own take on it with Crispy Chicken and Pancakes, made with our World Famous, Buttermilk pancakes and offered for the introductory price of just $6.99. Chicken and Waffles won’t know what hit them!”
IHOP announced the new menu on the IHOP Home Page.
*Price and participation may vary. Offer only available for a limited time. Tax and gratuity excluded.
IHOP’s $6.99 “Pancake Burger”
IHOP recently added a new line of burgers and unlimited fries starting at $6.99.
Get a Classic Burger for $6.99, a Loaded Philly or Garlic Butter Burger for about $9, or a Big IHOP Pancake Burger for about $10. (Prices vary by location; typical prices are shown.)
IHOP said their new burgers – which IHOP is calling ‘pancakes’ – are made with 100% USDA choice, Black Angus ground beef that is smashed on the grill to sear in the juices and flavor before being topped with premium ingredients. IHOP’s new burgers come in three varieties:
- The Big IHOP Pancake (Burger)™: An IHOP buttermilk pancake griddled with Cheddar cheese and layered between two premium Steakburger patties, then topped with American cheese, custom-cured hickory-smoked bacon and house-made IHOP sauce.
- Garlic Butter Pancake (Steakburger): Topped with house-made Gilroy garlic butter, custom-cured hickory-smoked bacon, White Cheddar cheese, fresh lettuce, tomato, onion and mayo.
- Loaded Philly Pancake (Steakburger): Piled with sautéed onions and peppers and smothered with melted White Cheddar cheese and Cheddar cheese sauce.
These join the Classic and other varieties. You can view the complete lineup at https://www.ihop.com/en/menu/ultimate-steakburgers. You can read customer comments about the new menu on the IHOP Facebook Page.
Calling the new burgers “pancakes” is another twist on IHOP’s marketing efforts.
“When we launched our new Ultimate Steakburgers last year, what better way to show the world that we take our burgers as seriously as we take our pancakes than by announcing that we’d be changing our name to IHOb … temporarily,” said Brad Haley, Chief Marketing Officer at IHOP.
“That was hard for a lot of people to accept since they’d always known IHOP primarily as the breakfast and pancake place, so they took to social media to tell us – often in no uncertain terms – to stay in our lane and stick to pancakes. But we made our all-natural, 100% USDA Choice, Black Angus beef Steakburgers good enough to stand up to the best burgers out there and we sold a lot of them: initially four times what we sold before, and they are still selling double what we sold before. So, we’re listening to the Internet this year by calling our new Steakburgers ‘Pancakes.’ And, so many people asked us why we didn’t have a pancake burger last year that we’ve even added a ‘Pancake’ with a pancake in it: The Big IHOP Pancake … Burger.”
The new Steakburger line-up joins IHOP’s original burger flavors, including The Classic, The Classic with Bacon, Mega Monster, Cowboy BBQ, The Big Brunch and Jalapeno Kick. Pancakes – the meaty kind or the fluffy kind — are both best enjoyed with IHOP’s new House-Made Milkshakes. Recently introduced at all IHOP restaurants, House-Made Milkshakes are made with hand-scooped, premium, natural vanilla ice cream, with real milk and whipped topping, and are available in five craveable flavors: HERSHEY’s Chocolate, Strawberry, OREO® Cookie, Cold-Brew Coffee and Vanilla.
About IHOP (from Wikipedia)
International House of Pancakes, stylized as its acronym, IHOP, (/ˈaɪhɒp/) is an American multinational pancake house/fast casual family restaurant chain that specializes in breakfast foods. It is owned by DineEquity, with 99% of the restaurants run by independent franchisees. While IHOP’s focus is on breakfast foods, it also offers a menu of lunch and dinner items.
The company has more than 1,700 locations in North America, Latin America, the Middle East, Southeast Asia and Oceania. It is known for many of its locations being open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For locations that aren’t open 24 hours, the franchise’s minimum operating hours are Sunday through Thursday from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., and Fridays and Saturdays from 7 a.m. to 12 midnight.