McDonald’s Monopoly 2014
The 2014 Monopoly Sweepstakes is underway online and at participating McDonald’s locations through Monday, October 27, 2014. Visit the website to enter and track the game codes from game stamps you find at McDonald’s–and you could win one of more than one million Online Game prizes, including a grand prize of $1 million in cash.
You can also visit a participating McDonald’s location near you to start collecting game stamps in-store by purchasing select menu items. Click here to download a game board and join the fun!
Sweepstakes Entry Periods
- The online Pre-Promotion Sweepstakes began 9/23/14 and ended 9/29/14
- The In-Store Game began 9/30/14 and ends 10/27/14
- The Online Game began 9/30/14 and ends 11/10/14
How to Enter the Pre-Promotion Sweepstakes
- Register online at: http://www.playatmcd.com/ starting September 23, 2014.
- Enter the free game code “McDMONOPOLY” or a free code distributed in various game communications.
The Pre-Promotion Sweepstakes drawing for a prize of $10,000 will occur on or about October 7, 2014.
How to Enter the In-Store Game
- Purchase food items in specially marked packaging at McDonald’s locations (or send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the address specified in the official rules).
- Obtain a Game Piece and peel each Game Stamp from its backing.
- If your Game Stamp is an Instant Win Game Stamp, then you’ve won a prize!
- If your Game Stamp reveals a Monopoly property, then you must collect and combine all of the original Collect & Win Game Stamps of the same property set to form a winning combination. If you do, then you’ve won a prize!
MONOPOLY Game Pieces can be found on many menu items including the Premium McWrap, Big Mac, Bacon Clubhouse Sandwiches, Filet-O-Fish, 10 and 20-piece Chicken McNuggets, Medium (16 oz) and Large (20 oz) Hot McCafe Beverages, Fruit & Maple Oatmeal, Hash Browns, Egg White Delight McMuffin, Egg McMuffin, Sausage McMuffin with Egg (excludes Sausage McMuffin), Large (6 oz) Fries and Medium (21 oz) Fountain Drinks.
How to Enter the Online Game
- Obtain a Collect & Win Game Stamp or Food Prize Game Stamp.
- Enter the 11-digit alphanumeric code online at: http://www.playatmcd.com/.
The Online Sweepstakes drawing for a prize of $50,000 will occur on or about November 18, 2014.
For complete information on rules, prizes, and eligibility, please see the official rules.
“MONOPOLY at McDonald’s is a favorite that our customers love and look forward to,” said Douglas Freeland, marketing director for McDonald’s USA. “And with one in four odds, everyone has a real shot at winning.”
About McDonald’s (from Wikipedia)
McDonald’s Corporation (NYSE: MCD) is the world’s largest chain of hamburger fast food restaurants, serving around 68 million customers daily in 119 countries. Headquartered in the United States, the company began in 1940 as a barbecue restaurant operated by Richard and Maurice McDonald; in 1948 they reorganized their business as a hamburger stand using production line principles. Businessman Ray Kroc joined the company as a franchise agent in 1955. He subsequently purchased the chain from the McDonald brothers and oversaw its worldwide growth.
A McDonald’s restaurant is operated by either a franchisee, an affiliate, or the corporation itself.
McDonald’s primarily sells hamburgers, cheeseburgers, chicken, french fries, breakfast items, soft drinks, milkshakes and desserts. In response to changing consumer tastes, the company has expanded its menu to include salads, fish, wraps, smoothies and fruit. McDonald’s has about 34,000 locations worldwide.
About McDonald’s Monopoly (from Wikipedia)
The McDonald’s Monopoly game is a sweepstakes advertising promotion of McDonald’s and Hasbro, which uses the theme of the latter’s board game Monopoly. The promotion has been offered in the United States, Canada, Germany, Hong Kong, United Kingdom, France, Portugal, Spain, the Netherlands, Australia, Singapore, Austria, Poland, and Switzerland since 1987. Since 2003, Best Buy has been involved in the U.S. version, and later in the Canadian version.
The promotion has used other names, such as “Monopoly Best Chance Game” (2003–2005, the beginning of Best Buy’s involvement), “Monopoly: Pick Your Prize!” (2001) and “Monopoly/Millionaire Game”, a version based on the Who Wants to Be a MillionaireTV show.