Rubio’s has free tacos when the Padres steal a base, lunch specials starting at $7.99, Taco Tuesday fish tacos for $1.99 each, and Fish Friday deals.
Free Tacos At Rubio’s When The Padres Steal A Base
Rubio’s has partnered with the San Diego Padres to give you free tacos this MLB season. Every time the Padres steal a base at Petco Park, customers will get a free a la carte Rubio’s taco with any purchase the day after the game.
You can order online or through the app, just be sure to use code GOPADRES at checkout or mention the offer if you order in-person. This offer can be redeemed at locations in San Diego County, Orange County, Inland Empire and Los Angeles only.
Rubio’s Lunch Specials
Rubio’s daily lunch specials are good until 2 pm. Here are your options:
- Two Original Fish Tacos
- Burrito Especial with All Natural Chicken & Tortilla Chips
- California Bowl with Chicken
- The Original Fish Taco & Langostino Lobster (Seasonal Special)
Good for dine-in only until 2 pm every day. Not available for online ordering. No substitutions. Not available in San Francisco and select Nevada locations.
You can find more details on the Rubio’s Lunch Specials Page.
Rubio’s Tuesday Special
Rubio’s has Fish Tacos for just $1.99 all day every Tuesday, or $2.29 for the Fish Taco Especial. Or, get a Fish, Chicken or Steak Taco Plate for $8.99 – $8.99, or the Shrimp Trio plate for $9.49. For more details see the Rubio’s Weekly Deals Page.
Many other restaurant chains feature specials on Tuesdays. CLICK HERE to read our roundup for all the deals.
Rubio’s Friday Special
Rubio’s has Fish Taco and beer specials every Friday. Every Friday enjoy these specials all day long:
- The Original Fish Taco Two Taco Plate – $8.49
- All Beer – $3
*Specials are not valid for online ordering. Good at participating locations.
Rubio’s announced the offer on their home page at: Weekly Deals – Rubio’s Site (rubios.com)
CLICK HERE to read our roundup of Friday specials at your other favorite restaurants.
Rubio’s 40th Anniversary Specials
Rubio’s is celebrating its 40th Anniversary by undertaking a rebranding project to capture the themes and values the chain holds dearest. The rebranding will include revamped restaurant decor and packaging along with three new dishes:
- Baja Chimichurri Red Shrimp Bowl ($12.49): Wild-caught red shrimp, romaine, citrus rice, and black beans topped with handmade guac, roasted corn, cotija, garlic butter, and the new chimichurri sauce (cilantro, garlic, onion, and jalapeno).
- Baja Chimichurri Red Shrimp Two Taco Plate ($11.99): Wild-caught red shrimp, handmade guac, roasted corn, cotija, shredded cabbage, and garlic butter topped with a new chimichurri sauce. Served on warm flour tortillas with pinto beans and a side of tortilla chips.
- Puerto Nuevo Burrito with Langostino Lobster ($13.49): Wild-caught Langostino Lobster, Mexican rice, pinto beans, garlic butter, salsa fresca, chipotle picante, and guac wrapped in a warm flour tortilla with a side of chips or fresh greens.
These new menu items are perfect for Lent and will be available for a limited time until May 31. Note that pricing and participation may vary depending on location so be sure to check with your local Rubio’s beforehand.
Baja Grilled Fish Taco
Rubio’s just launched a brand-new take on their Original Fish Taco – the Baja Grilled Fish Taco – to celebrate their 40th Anniversary. This taco includes grilled Mahi-Mahi, fresh guac, salsa fresca, cotija cheese, crisp cabbage, and a new Baja sauce, all served on a warm corn tortilla. You can get it a la carte for roughly $5.29 or as part of a Two Taco Plate for around $11. Note that pricing and participation will vary depending on location.
Rubio’s posted about the new taco on their Facebook page:
If you want to browse around, visit our Rubio’s menu page here. Or, visit their website here.
Langostino Lobster Returns To Rubio’s
Seafood lovers are in store for a great treat – Rubio’s announced the return of its popular Langostino Lobster lineup! Here’s are the items available for a limited time. Note that prices can vary by location, but here’s what we found in our research:
- Langostino Lobster Two Taco Plate $12.99: Wild-caught Langostino Lobster drizzled with garlic herb butter, toasted cheese, fresh Hass avocado slice, crisp cabbage, cilantro/onion, and creamy chipotle sauce served on a warm flour tortilla. Served with chips and “no-fried” pinto beans.
- Langostino Lobster Bowl $13.99: Wild-caught Langostino Lobster atop citrus rice, black beans and romaine, topped with guacamole, salsa fresca and creamy chipotle sauce and a grilled lemon wedge. Served with a side of garlic herb butter and two warm flour tortillas.
- Puerto Nuevo Burrito $12.99: Wild-caught Langostino Lobster, Mexican rice, pinto beans, garlic butter, salsa fresca and guacamole, all wrapped in warm flour tortilla.
- Más Queso Quesadilla $13.99: Wild-caught Langostino Lobster and melted three cheese blend in a warm flour tortilla. Served with handmade guacamole, salsa fresca, garlic herb butter and a side of tortilla chips.
Rubio’s Rewards Coupon For $5 Off
In other deals, get a Rubio’s coupon for $5 off when you enroll in their Rewards program.
CLICK HERE to enroll and get your Rubio’s coupon. You can sign up on the website (look for the signup link) or by downloading the app. You’ll also receive a coupon on your birthday, coupons during special occasions, and invitations to local Rubio’s events. Plus, earn 10 points for every $1 spent. Guests who earn 400 points can redeem them for a free drink, dessert, regular side of chips and guac, or side of Mexican street corn. 700 points gets you a free individual taco, large side of chips and guac, or kids meal. 1300 points is a a free entrée (taco plate, burrito, bowl/salad or quesadilla).