Get artisan cheeses for half price as Whole Foods has its annual 12 Days of Cheese celebration now through December 23, 2019.
Get half off a different cheese each day from Dec. 12 through Dec. 23, including award winners from across the world. Each of the selected cheeses will be 50 percent off for one day only during the 12-day period. Prime members can also enjoy an additional 10 percent off the discounted price of each day of cheese.
“Our team is thrilled for the return of 12 Days of Cheese because we have the opportunity to showcase some truly delicious, diverse and innovative cheeses at an incredible value,” said Cathy Strange, Whole Foods Market’s Vice President of Specialty, Product Innovation and Development. “The list of 12 cheeses that we’ve curated includes a few award-winning cheeses and a few exclusive cheeses you can only get at your local Whole Foods Market. Each one is unique and will make a delicious addition to any holiday occasion.”
Here is the lineup of half-price cheeses:
- Dec. 12: Roth Pavino
- Rich, earthy, medium-firm Alpine cheese with notes of sweet hazelnut. Exclusive to Whole Foods Market.
- Dec. 13: Istara P’tit Basque
- Aged a minimum of 70 days, this creamy and smooth sheep milk cheese has a mild, nutty flavor with a subtle, sweet finish.
- Dec. 14: Uplands Cheese Pleasant Ridge Reserve
- A cow’s milk Alpine-style cheese modeled after favorites like Le Gruyère and Beaufort, with flavors ranging from milky to nutty and grassy. The Pleasant Ridge Reserve is America’s most awarded cheese.
- Dec. 15: Neal’s Yard Dairy Keen’s Cheddar
- This cheese is dense yet creamy with complex flavors ranging from fruity to sweet butterscotch. Each wheel has been hand selected by our experts.
- Dec. 16: Cypress Grove Humboldt Fog
- A goat’s milk soft-ripened American original with a beautiful ribbon of edible ash through the center. Floral, herbaceous overtones, buttermilk and fresh cream flavors.
- Dec. 17: Emmi Cave Aged Le Gruyère
- A firm, almost crumbly Alpine cheese. Robust, deeply flavored, with tangy fruit notes and classic nuttiness.
- Dec. 18: Sweet Grass Dairy Thomasville Tomme
- Raw cow’s milk, handcrafted cheese with a semi-firm texture. Rich, earthy flavors with a finish of light salt, grass and tangy cream.
- Dec. 19: Mitica Cordobes
- Made with Castellana and Merino sheep milk from Spain. Rich and buttery flavors balanced by bright acidity and nutty undertones. Exclusive to Whole Foods Market.
- Dec. 20: Rogue Creamery Oregon Blue
- Aged at least 90 days in Roquefort modeled caves, this organic cheese has briny, earthy flavors with notes of sweet cream and huckleberry. Rogue Creamery recently made history by producing the first American cheese ever to win top honors at the World Cheese Awards in Bergamo, Italy.
- Dec. 21: Klare Melk Truffle Gouda
- Rich, flavorful, semi-firm cheese. Velvety notes of sweet cream and butter, generously laced with earthy truffles.
- Dec. 22: Cellars at Jasper Hill Harbison with Prosecco
- Soft-ripened, buttery, woodsy and sweet with balanced tones of mustard. A wash in Presto prosecco brings out bright citrus flavors. Exclusive to Whole Foods Market.
- Dec. 23: MonS Mary dans les Étoiles
- Stunning, ash-coated geo-rind goat cheese. Creamy and grassy, finished with light citrus notes. Exclusive to Whole Foods Market.
You can get more details on each cheese at https://holiday.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes-and-tips/must-have-holiday-cheeses/. Click on the down arrow to get details.
These distinctive cheeses were chosen by Whole Foods Market’s global experts in collaboration with the company’s in-store Certified Cheese Professionals. This highly trained group of 386 team members has been certified by the American Cheese Society for their expertise in cheese storage and handling, nutrition, distribution, raw materials, the ripening process, the making process, types of cheeses, pairings and various specialty categories. More than 51% of Certified Cheese Professionals worldwide come from Whole Foods Market.
Shoppers are encouraged to stop by their local Whole Foods Market to sample these new and adventurous cheeses they may not have experienced before. Whole Foods Market’s team of in-store Certified Cheese Professionals and cheesemongers are available to answer any questions customers may have about the cheeses, from tips for building a cheese board to food and beverage pairing suggestions. Prime members can also enjoy an additional 10% off the discounted price of each day of cheese.
The chain announced the deal on the Whole Foods News Page.
*Valid 12/12 – 12/23/19. Quantity limits apply. While supplies last. Quantities limited. No rain checks except where required by law. Discount only applies to the select cheese for the specified day.
About Whole Foods Market (from Wikipedia)
Whole Foods Market Inc. is an American supermarket chain exclusively featuring foods without artificial preservatives, colors, flavors, sweeteners, and hydrogenated fats.
On June 15, 2017, Amazon.com announced it would acquire Whole Foods Market, adding 400 physical stores to Amazon’s e-commerce assets.