Subway has a sub of the day special at many stores with footlong subs or combos for $5 to $6.
At stores which participate in deal, the price is typically $4.99 or $5.99 for a footlong sub or for a combo with a six-inch sub of the day, chips and drink. Some stores do not participate in the sub of the day deal but offer a special on one sub every day, usually MeatBall Marinara.
To get the deal, look for a posting at your local Subway or ask your server what is the current sub special. Below is an example of the sub of the day rotation at a Subway store that does offer the special.
- Monday: Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki: A blend of tender teriyaki glazed chicken strips. Served hot & toasted on freshly baked bread. Nutrition Info
Tuesday: Oven Roasted Chicken: The Oven Roasted Chicken is piled high atop freshly baked bread with your favorite toppings from spicy jalapenos to crisp green peppers.
- Wednesday: Turkey Breast: Tender turkey breast piled sky-high with everything from lettuce and tomatoes to banana peppers. Nutrition Info
- Thursday: Italian B.M.T.: This all-time Italian classic is filled with Genoa salami, spicy pepperoni, and Black Forest Ham. Nutrition Info
- Friday: Tuna: Flaked tuna, mixed with mayo, and your choice of fresh vegetables. Nutrition Info
- Saturday: Black Forest Ham: Black Forest Ham with all the crunchy veggies you like on your choice of freshly baked bread. Even try it fresh toasted with melty cheese and mustard. Nutrition Info
- Sunday: Meatball Marinara: Italian style meatballs drenched in irresistible marinara sauce, served on freshly baked bread. Nutrition Info
About Subway (from Wikipedia)
Subway (stylized as SUBWAY) is an American fast food restaurant franchise that primarily sells submarine sandwiches (subs) and salads. It is owned and operated by Doctor’s Associates, Inc. Subway is one of the fastest growing franchises in the world, with 44,818 restaurants in 112 countries and territories as of August 9, 2016. It is the largest single-brand restaurant chain and the largest restaurant operator globally.
Subway’s core product is the submarine sandwich (or “sub"). In addition to these, the chain also sells wraps, salad, and baked goods (including cookies, doughnuts, and muffins).
Subway’s best-selling sandwich, the B.M.T., contains pepperoni, salami, and ham. The name originally stood for Brooklyn Manhattan Transit, but now stands for “Bigger, Meatier, Tastier".
Subway also sells breakfast sandwiches, English muffins, and flatbread. In 2006, “personal pizzas" debuted in some US markets. These are made to order (like their subs) and heated for 85 seconds. Breakfast and pizza items are only available in some stores. In 2009, Subway signed a deal to serve exclusively Seattle’s Best Coffee coffee as part of their breakfast menu in the US.
A 2009 Zagat survey named Subway the best provider of “Healthy Options" (in the “Mega Chain" category). Subway was also first in “Top Service" and “Most Popular" rankings. It placed second in “Top Overall", behind Wendy’s.